Friday, July 10, 2009

Julie's Summer Picks



I have chosen just a few of the many beautiful items for sale on Etsy, just because I like them! Each one has something special that touches me. As you can see by my store (www.stitchesbyjulie.etsy.com), I LOVE yarn and just about anything that has to do with yarn. Don't laugh, but I've told my kids that I wish they would make one of those huge jumping things for adults, but instead of balls, put tons of yarn in there and I would be in heaven! So, I've chosen some beautiful handmade and hand dyed yarn, a few adorable knit hats with the cutest little "pea-in-a-pod". I've chosen a beautiful necklace that I just love, it just says 'summer' to me. And what is more enjoyable than watching the birds in the summer and listening to their beautiful songs, so, to bring them to your yard, the cutest "All American" birdhouse. If you've checked out my store you will see that I also do pastels, so I chose this beautiful pastel to join the group. I've already contacted the artist to compliment her on her beautiful work, and I thought others should see this too. This young lady just looks like she's going out on the town with her cute scarf around her neck. Then, there's the beautiful, simple, yet elegant bridal veil...so pretty. It looks like it would be just perfect for a summer wedding. Finally, the little tutu...how sweet would any little angel look in this, complete with angel wings! What a great summer party! As I said, they just pull at my heartstrings. I hope you enjoy them as well, and that you'll take time to check out their stores.

3 comments:

  1. Julie - loved your choice of favorites - all great choices, but love the "little pea in a pod" knitted hat! I love when people showcase some of their favorite shops, it give us a chance to learn more about the many talented artists here at Etsy that we might have otherwised missed. You are off to a great start with your blogs! Thanks also for adding my "Sunflower" necklace among your favorites!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie from Corpus Christ! What a great place to live (I'm your neighbor to the north.) You certainly have a variety of handmades in your shop - love your shrugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie (soon to be an etsyblogger!)
    Great choices here and you have a lovely shop!

    ReplyDelete